Check out these albums:
- The Grateful Dead and Merl Saunders – The Twilight Zone (from the 80s TV show)
- Lenny Bruce – Let the Buyer Beware (Frickin’ huge box of the amazing Lenny Bruce)
- Fela Kuti and Africa 70 with Ginger Baker (‘nuf said)
- Morgen – Morgen (Killer US psych album)
- Pink Fairies – Kings of Oblivion (Great Psych-rock album)
- Colosseum – Live (great jazzy bluesy rock)
- High Explosion – DJ Sounds from 1970 to 1976 (Reggae and dub)
- Funkadelic – Maggot Brain
And don’t forget to support artists. Buy good albums and go to live shows by good bands.
Not a whole lot shakin’ in these parts, although the Fam and I did some pumpkin-pickin’ upstate for the benefit of young Kaydence (my niece, seen below). Good times! Other than that, just going to work, trying to be a good citizen and ignoring the voices in my head what tell me to do wrong. Here’s some cool shit though, which shouldn’t be harmful to anyone…
First of all, you definitely need to listen to Ween’s new album stream at their Myspace page. The new album La Cucaracha, drops next Tuesday…and sounds deliciously brown! Be sure to listen to the last song…’Your Party’ with smooth-ass David Sanborn on sax.
And for more brown-ocity, Ween has posted a free download of the Mollusk sessions on their website. It has songs that didn’t make it to the album too. Go get it! When you get there, navigate to the ‘Waste’ page.
And in non-Ween related music news, the Arcade Fire came onstage with Springsteen a couple nights ago and played ‘Keep the Car Running‘ and ‘State Trooper‘ with the Boss. Gosh, Springsteen is actually hip these days!
Led Zeppelin’s music will soon be very downloadable. Finally!
Kick-ass download of the week…Funkadelic’s Cosmic Slop over at Lost-In-Tyme.
And one more Ween thing. Check out Deaner’s new blog.
What’s up with ya’ll?